Here's an immunity boosting pet friendly DIY for all you fur-mamas🍯🐝
50 ml Raw Honey
6 cloves of Garlic
1. Peel garlic cloves and gently prick them to make infusion easy, place in a sterilized glass jar.
2. Cover the cloves of garlic with raw honey, seal and store in a cool, dark place for 3-5 days.
3. Shake and tilt the jar every alternate day to maximise the infusion process.
4. Strain out garlic cloves and store the honey in a cool dark place. ( these cloves can be consumed by humans, for extra corona protection)
5. Feed half tsp for a medium sized dog that weighs around 15kg, increase or decrease dosage according to weight.
You can add this to your dogs meals every alternate day or every day. Feed several times a day for kennel cough.
Do not feed puppies less than 1 year of age.
Raw Honey is among the most powerful natural remedies, providing nutrients including vitamins A, B complex, C, D, E and K, along with minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and manganese.
It is an excellent source of flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory and immune system benefits. Plus, with it being a good source of enzymes, honey is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antifungal. It even kills resistant bacteria including MRSA.
Garlic has antiseptic, antibiotic, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. It can be used as an anthelmintic (de-worming agent). It acts as a potent expectorant (helps bring phlegm or mucous up and out of the airway). It can lower blood pressure and prevent blood clots. And it can support the formation of good bacteria in the digestive tract.
It is commonly fed to dogs due to its reputation for repelling fleas and ticks. The sulfur in the garlic is excreted through the dog’s skin, keeping fleas at bay.
Both Garlic and Raw Honey have a multitude of benefits and when used together, this elixir is magic!